About this program
This certificate program provides an understanding of delivering education to primary school children and knowledge of the education system.
What are the fees?
Continuing education (domestic) students
A miscellaneous or certificate student is one who is admitted as a non-award student or a student undertaking a continuing education certificate program and is:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen or
- a person who has permanent resident status.
- A continuing education certificate student pays tuition fees.
- Tuition fees must be paid by the due date shown on the Statement of Account or the census date (whichever is the earliest). The census date is the end of teaching week 4.
Note: Continuing education certificate students are not eligible for the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP).
Program fees for the Continuing Education Certificate in Education Studies (9268)
Year Fee Category / Band Fee per CP Tuition Fee per EFTSL ( 40 cp) 2015 ContEd Band 4 $210.00 $8,400.00 2014 ContEd Band 4 $202.00 $8,080.00 2013 ContEd Band 4 $194.00 $7,760.00
Application for enrolment forms can be downloaded from the Student forms webpage.
My opportunities after graduation
Pathways to further study
Griffith's certificate programs provide a smart strategy for boosting your tertiary entry score. For many people, this is a more appealing option than repeating Year 12 or taking Year 12 equivalent studies at TAFE or private colleges.
If you do well in your certificate program studies, you can upgrade your OP/Rank to gain entry to a relevant degree program and remember that you may gain credit for your certificate program studies.
Related Griffith degrees (check the Program and courses website for further details):
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Special Education)
- Double degrees in these areas